UK Unicycle Trials Championships
22nd-25th May 2020
STFU London smashed onto the scene three years ago with the aim of reviving urban unicycling in the UK. We've hosted the UK Trials Championships for the last two years running and we're excited to be holding the event for a third year!
The UK Unicycle Trials Championships always attracts riders from all over Europe and has been described as one of the most relaxed events on the unicycle calendar. The venue is the amazing Radical Bikes Trials Park in Essex who have one of the best permanent trials courses in the UK. When competitions are not running, the course is open for free riding. Read the full details below or if you want to just jump straight in, hit the button and buy your tickets now!
There will be various riding activities to join in with over the weekend with an emphasis on the three main competitions.
As always, the venue is the amazing Radical Bikes located near Chelmsford, Essex.
We used Radical Bikes for the last two years and they couldn't have been better. The staff at Radical bikes love unicycling and make us feel really welcome; Tom even competed last year! Rad has the biggest permanent trials course in the UK which gets moved around every year to keep things fresh. As well as the permanent obstacles, we'll be adding our own and modifying some of the course to make it extra challenging for unicycles. The course is graded according to the difficulty level of the obstacles, so don't worry if you've only just learnt to jump or have been riding trials for 20 years, there is something for everyone.
Radical Bikes, Blackmore Road, Highwood
Radical Bikes is located 10 minutes drive from the A12, 15 minutes from junction 28 of the M25 or 20 minutes from junction 7 of the M11.
The nearest train stations are Ingatestone (4.7 miles) or Chelmsford (6.9 miles). Chelmsford has better onward travel links. Bus number 32 to Ongar leaves from Chelmsford station. Get off the bus at Metsons Lane.
The nearest airports are London Stansted (23.4 miles) and London Southend (25.4 miles).
On-site camping is included in the ticket price for tents and campervans. Pitch up within metres of the trials course, so you can jump out of bed and straight onto your favourite section!
Radical bikes have their own toilets and there will be showers on site too. Drinking water is available on site free of charge.
Bring your own food or dine from the on-site catering van. Saturday night is BBQ time, which is included in the price of your ticket. Choose from vegan or regular meaty BBQ food. FREE Beer included!
There are no shops within easy walking distance of Radical Bikes. The nearest supermarkets are:
CO-OP, Blackmore Village - 1.8 miles
Budgens, Ingatestone - 4.1 miles
Chelmsford Star CO-OP, Chelmsford - 4.5 miles
Aldi, Chelmsford - 5.4 miles
Tesco, Chelmsford - 5.8 miles
Sainsburys, Chipping Ongar - 6 miles
Unicycle Flea Market
Want to get rid of some spare unicycle parts or looking to upgrade your une?
We'll be holding a unicycle flea market/car boot sale throughout the weekend. Simply bring along your parts, set a price and display them in the flea market tent. Make some spare cash from your unwanted parts or grab a bargain!
We'll post a schedule soon!
- A rider ticket includes entry to all competitions, camping, showers, toilets, parking on site and free BBQ & BEER on Saturday evening. Caravans and motorhomes are welcome, but please note hook-up is not available.
- A spectator ticket allows entry to the event, camping, showers, toilets, parking on site and a free BBQ & BEER on Saturday evening. Spectators are welcome and encouraged to learn to ride over the weekend but you will not be able to participate in the riding events. If you are a beginner and want to participate, you will need a rider ticket.
- The family ticket is aimed at encouraging families with young riders to come down and enjoy the weekend. It covers camping and use of the facilities as well as entry to all riding events, BBQ and BEER(over 18s only!) on Saturday evening.
- Covers a minimum of three people, one of whom must be the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years old within the group. You must all sign in together. We're not going to ask for passports or birth certificates but please don't take the mickey with this - it's designed to help get kids into the sport by making it more affordable for families to attend the event.
- Example: If you have two children who ride and one of them is under 16, this ticket covers your whole family group including both parents and any non-riding children up to a maximum of 5 people in total.
The ticket pricing is tiered and will increase as the event gets closer. Get cheap tickets by registering early!
|January - 29th February||1st March - 31st March||1st April - 30th April||1st May - 21st May|