UK Trials Championships 2019
After a 5 year hiatus, we were super stoked to be able to hold an amazing trials championships last year and we will be holding it again for 2019!
The UK Unicycle Trials Championships will be held over the late May Bank Holiday weekend in 2019. The event is very relaxed and the course is open for riding at all times except during competition times. Read the full details below or if you want to just jump straight in, hit the button and buy your tickets now!
There will be various riding activities to join in with over the weekend with an emphasis on the three main competitions.
Other riding activities will include:
The venue will be the amazing Radical Bikes located near Chelmsford, Essex.
We used Radical Bikes last year and the venue couldn't have been better. Rad has the biggest permanent trials course in the UK which gets moved around every year to keep things fresh. As well as the permanent obstacles, we'll be adding our own and modifying some of the course to make it extra challenging for unicycles. The course is graded according to the difficulty level of the obstacles, so don't worry if you've only just learnt to jump or have been riding trials for 20 years, there is something for everyone.
Radical Bikes, Blackmore Road, Highwood
Radical Bikes is located 10 minutes drive from the A12, 15 minutes from junction 28 of the M25 or 20 minutes from junction 7 of the M11.
The nearest train stations are Ingatestone (4.7 miles) or Chelmsford (6.9 miles). Chelmsford has better onward travel links. Bus number 32 to Ongar leaves from Chelmsford station. Get off the bus at Metsons Lane.
The nearest airports are London Stansted (23.4 miles) and London Southend (25.4 miles).
On-site camping is included in the ticket price for tents and campervans. Pitch up within metres of the trials course, so you can jump out of bed and straight onto your favourite section!
Radical bikes have their own toilets and there will be showers on site too. Drinking water is available on site free of charge.
Bring your own food or dine from the fantastic Marinades van. Saturday night is BBQ time, which is included in the price of your ticket. Choose from vegan or regular meaty BBQ food.
There are no shops within easy walking distance of Radical Bikes. The nearest supermarkets are:
CO-OP, Blackmore Village - 1.8 miles
Budgens, Ingatestone - 4.1 miles
Chelmsford Star CO-OP, Chelmsford - 4.5 miles
Aldi, Chelmsford - 5.4 miles
Tesco, Chelmsford - 5.8 miles
Sainsburys, Chipping Ongar - 6 miles
Unicycle Flea Market
Want to get rid of some spare unicycle parts or looking to upgrade your une?
We'll be holding a unicycle flea market/car boot sale throughout the weekend. Simply bring along your parts, set a price and display them in the flea market tent. Make some spare cash from your unwanted parts or grab a bargain!
As well as fun unicycle games in the evenings, we will have a band on Saturday evening for your entertainment. Again, this is at no extra charge and is included in the price of a weekend ticket.
We are still firming up details with the band but we'll update this section as soon as it's confirmed.
- A rider ticket includes entry to all competitions, camping, showers, toilets, parking on site and free BBQ & entertainment on Saturday evening. Caravans and motorhomes are welcome, but please note hook-up is not available.
- A spectator ticket allows entry to the event, camping, showers, toilets, parking on site and a free BBQ & entertainment on Saturday evening. Spectators are welcome and encouraged to learn to ride over the weekend but you will not be able to participate in the riding events. If you are a beginner and want to participate, you will need a rider ticket.
- The family ticket is aimed at encouraging families with young riders to come down and enjoy the weekend. It covers camping and use of the facilities as well as entry to all riding events, BBQ and Saturday evening entertainment.
- Covers a minimum of three people, one of whom must be the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years old within the group. You must all sign in together. We're not going to ask for passports or birth certificates but please don't take the mickey with this - it's designed to help get kids into the sport by making it more affordable for families to attend the event.
- Example: If you have two children who ride and one of them is under 16, this ticket covers your whole family group including both parents and any non-riding children up to a maximum of 5 people in total.
The ticket pricing is tiered and will increase as the event gets closer. Get cheap tickets by registering early!
|January - 28th February||1st March - 31st March||1st April - 30th April||1st May - 24th May|