When we first started STFU, our main goal was to grow the UK urban unicycle scene. There hasn’t been a UK urban competition since 2013, which we think is unacceptable. That’s why we’re super stoked to be able to announce the return of the UK trials championships!
We’ll be hosting the competition over the late May Bank Holiday weekend at Radical Bikes Trials & Jump Park in Essex. The weekend will include the main trials competition, but we’ll also be hosting lots of other riding-based activities. There will be speed trials, high jump, long jump and a variety of silly riding based games.
We’re aiming to have a relaxed and inclusive event, much like a longer version of our monthly urban rides. The trials course will be open for riding over the whole weekend except during competition times. After the main competition for the UK title, you will be free to move and adapt the course as you like (only the mobile parts. A lot of the course is heavy and permanent).
Camping for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night is included in the ticket price, as is use of the on site toilets and showers. We will provide a BBQ on the Saturday evening which will also be included in the ticket price. We plan on having additional food & drink vans in attendance over the weekend too.
A full weekend schedule will be released closer to the event.
Check out this video from a similar event at Radical bikes for an idea of what the weekend will be like.
The Radical Bikes purpose built Trials Park, which has a huge array of obstacles. We’re working with the venue to design and build a unicycle specific trials course.
The event will be held over the whole Bank Holiday weekend of Friday 25th to Monday 28th May 2018. There won’t be any riding events held on the Friday, but you are welcome to arrive and setup camp. There will be open practice on the trials course.
– A rider weekend ticket is £30. The ticket includes entry to all competitions, camping, showers, toilets, parking on site and a free BBQ on Saturday evening. Caravans and motorhomes are welcome, but please note hook-up is not available.
– A spectator weekend ticket is £20. This allows entry to the event, camping, showers, toilets, parking on site and a free BBQ on Saturday evening. Spectators are welcome and encouraged to learn to ride over the weekend but you will not be able to participate in the riding events. If you are a beginner and want to participate, you will need a rider ticket.
– A family weekend ticket is £50. This is aimed at encouraging families with young riders to come down and enjoy the weekend.
– Covers a minimum of three people, one of whom must be the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years old within the group. You must all sign in together. We’re not going to ask for passports or birth certificates but please don’t take the mickey with this – it’s designed to help get kids into the sport by making it more affordable for families to attend the event.
– Example: If you have two children who ride and one of them is under 16, this ticket covers your whole family group including both parents and any non-riding children up to a maximum of 5 people in total.
– The Family Ticket covers camping and use of the facilities as well as entry to all riding events.
Only weekend tickets are available, there are no single day tickets. Buy tickets here!
Can I buy parts while I am there?
Yes! We will have the Unicycle.com UK shop on site with a full range of unicycles, parts and accessories. The team will also be on hand to provide any maintenance you may require over the weekend.
How do I get there?
Radical Bikes Trials Park is located just off Blackmore Road in Chelmsford, Essex. For Sat Nav directions, use the postcode CM1 3QR. See the map below for exact the location.
If you are traveling by train, the closest station is located in Ingatestone, which is 4.9 miles away. Click here for directions from Ingatestone Train Station to the event.
The closest Airport is London Stansted, which is based approximately 25 miles north of the event.
Where can I get supplies?
There will be hot and cold refreshments available on site plus ‘street food’ catering, but we have listed various shops below that may be of use over the weekend:
Co-op Supermarket – 1.8 miles away, postcode CM4 0RU
Budgens shop – 4.3 miles away, postcode CM4 9DW
Halfords – 7.7 miles away, postcode CM2 6XE
Takeaway – Farm Pizza. Tel. 01245 280800 or 07746 534575, postcode CM1 1HY.
Petrol – 3.5 miles away, postcode CM4 0LQ
Further details and exact timings will be released nearer the event.
Tickets are non-transferable.
Please note: All riders will be required to sign in (for insurance reasons) when arriving, and at this point will be given a wristband. Wristbands must be on your wrist at all times during the weekend while on site, this applies to both riders and spectators. Anyone not able to show their wristband on request may be asked to leave the venue. The spectator / guardian wristband is designed for parents or relatives who wish to come along for the weekend to watch. Helmets must be worn at all times by all riders.